Saturday, 30 September 2017

Hail the Kale


Two hectic week's since back at work on the NHS hamster wheel. This morning started with a parkrun and the start of a malted sourdough. I had plenty of ideas for #EatYourGreens this month but ran out of time. However, rather cheekily, I came across these cute button-hole kale this week. Last night I simply shredded it, briefly stir-fried then a few minutes more with chopped garlic and red chilli and season with salt and pepper. It pepped up  left over dal and a baked potato. Lovely!

Proper recipe next month.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I have not even heard of button hole kale, i will have to look out for it. Its been hectic in my world with work too, so I hope you get some deserved rest - I think you may be late for inclusion of #eatyourgreens this month, but i look forward to your contribution next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, I added a comment. Not the most exciting of entry! When we were away our friends made us this most vibrant green veg soup and gave us the recipe. May try that. We will see. Bread in the proving basket...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it seems to be busy times for everyone, but thank you very much for sharing this post! It's an interesting kale variety and I can imagine how good it was with that potato!

    ReplyDelete